Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Custom Date converting to literal date

When using the "Model" tab to create a custom date format I'm only recently running into an issue where Power BI is now converting my formats into literals. For example if I type "mmm dd" to try to get a format that looks like "Mar 14" it then somehow converts it to "\M\M\M dd" which makes it looks like "MMM 14".

Maddeningly, it even shows correctly for a split second and then it goes "nope, you clearly meant THIS" and gives me garbage... I have the screenshots in order of how it processes it.

f019b66b-4caa-458f-b1b9-2757a86b40b0.png2_literal.png70d84550-609c-4a8a-b53d-78515a1f6e30.png

This only started with the new version of Power BI desktop (December 2021).

Hi @datanerd21 

Thanks for your feedback. This issue has been reported internally(ICM 279455007). There is a similar issue and I will sync there when I get update from our product team.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @datanerd21 

Thanks for your feedback. This issue has been reported internally(ICM 279455007). There is a similar issue and I will sync there when I get update from our product team.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun