Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't edit the description of a Dataflow

Hi!

I'm triying to edit the description of a Power Bi dataflow (Properties -> description), but it doesn't change after saving.

Best regards,

Vincent

Hi @Vinz 

Have you previously edited description inside the properties of an external page, and what is the version of your Service? You can change the description in dataflow's detail page .

Ailsamsft_0-1671675662718.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Vinz 

Have you previously edited description inside the properties of an external page, and what is the version of your Service? You can change the description in dataflow's detail page .

Ailsamsft_0-1671675662718.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Vinz
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft!

I'm talking about the description of the dataflow itself; not about the description of a table/entity contained into the dataflow, which is what your picture shows.

Service Version 13.0.19635.59
Client Version 2212.1.11454-train

The picture below shows the dataflow's description that I'm trying to edit.

dba2dc64-bf91-402f-bdf0-9fb266ab982f.png

Best regards!

Vincent

sscott0203
Frequent Visitor

I also have the same problem.  I can modify the dataflow description and click save but the changes arent getting applied.  

oktober42
Frequent Visitor

Same. I have an old description that persists whenever I save, no matter what I change it to.

Sebastiaan99
Frequent Visitor

I experience the same issue. 
when creating a new dataflow the save dialog does provide the option to enter a name of the dataflow and a description. At that moment the description is properly saved.
midifyibg the description afterwards leads to the above mentioned issue.

The only way to change a description at this moment is by exporting the dataflow to a json export file and modify the description field in the json file usibg an editor and import it again as a new dataflow.

RahulAlkariJCI

Hi Team,

We are also facing same issues where we are not able modify description for already created dataflow. For most of my dataflows it is blank but when I save it with some description it does not retain that description and shows blank.  This needs a fix at earliest as some of our data manipulaiton is dependent on description. 

Regards,

Rahul