Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't change color on Pie Chart Detail Labels

Hi, It seems that I can't change the color of the detail lables on the pie chart.

Every time I try to choose a new color it switches back instantly.

I will mention that both values in the pie chart are measures.

michaelu1_0-1695222775536.png

Hi  @michaelu1 ,

I did a simple test and you may check the gif. picture below.

I can't reproduce your problem and my test version: 2.121.644.0 64-bit (September 2023)

Pie chart test.gif

Could you please provide more details for us to better help you solve this problem? 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @michaelu1 ,

I did a simple test and you may check the gif. picture below.

I can't reproduce your problem and my test version: 2.121.644.0 64-bit (September 2023)

Pie chart test.gif

Could you please provide more details for us to better help you solve this problem? 

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

michaelu1
Helper II

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft,  

I only have 2 measures in the values bucket, I have nothing else..

michaelu1_0-1695302934335.png

I created a brand new file, with 2 measures: 2 = 2 and 4 = 4, and the problem is still there.

michaelu1_1-1695303315703.png

michaelu1
Helper II

@v-xiaoyan-msft any update on this?

Alex111

I have the same issue, with Pie Chart and Donut Chart. The Detail Labels Color cannot be changed. When you try, the new color is shown for the split of a second, then it reverts to the shown color.
I experienced this with November 2023 and Dezember 2023 PowerBi Desktop (came out yesterday).

I use three calculated measures in the visual.

Alex111_0-1705881235598.png

Alex111_1-1705881360516.png

Alex111

I found a solution and possibly the cause.

Solution: I was able to create a new chart, configure it as i wanted and then "Format painter" the pie chart I had problems with.

Possible Cause of the issue: I think the pie chart was a different chart type, before I made it a pie chart. And it had various configurations set before I made it a pie chart (colors, fonts, much more...). I assume something got broken during the visual-conversion.

well, this is problem resolved for me, back to work...

michaelu1
Helper II

@Alex111 I can verify that this is not the cause as my visuals started as a pie chart.

However, it seems that using the format painter can work as a workaround, although it does mess up the rest of the custoizations I had in place..