Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CHISQ.INV.RT results are different between Excel 2010, Google Spreadsheet and Power BI...

CHISQ.INV.RT results are different between Excel 2010, Google Spreadsheet and Power BI...

Is this a bug in Power BI?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@paparece

Could you please provide a sample calculation? I just have a simple test but get same result in Power BI Desktop, Excel 2016 and Google Spreadsheet as below.

CHISQ.INV.RT results are different between Excel 2010, Google Spreadsheet and Power BI_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

paparece

Try these...

CHISQ.INV.RT(0.1, 5.63)

CHISQ.INV.RT(0.2, 5.63)

CHISQ.INV.RT(0.3, 5.63)

CHISQ.INV.RT(0.4, 5.63)

CHISQ.INV.RT(0.5, 5.63)

CHISQ.INV.RT(0.6, 5.63)

CHISQ.INV.RT(0.7, 5.63)

CHISQ.INV.RT(0.8, 5.63)

CHISQ.INV.RT(0.9, 5.63)

CHISQ.INV.RT(0, 5.63)

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@paparece

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 41126472
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

kcproa
Regular Visitor

Any resolutions?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@paparece @kcproa

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

If the degrees of freedom is not an integer, then

- Excel truncates the decimal places (ROUNDSDOWN). In this example, it will be as-though, the function will be called with that parameter value was 5.

- whereas in DAX we round the number, so if the decimal part is greater than 0.5 it will be rounded up. In this example, it will be as-though, the function will be called with that parameter value was 6.

There is an easy workaround though, the user can always right their DAX calculation in one of the following ways to get results consistent with excel when the degrees of freedom parameter contains a fractional part greater than 0.5.

- CHISQ.INV.RT(0.1, INT(5.63))

- CHISQ.INV.RT(0.1, TRUNC(5.63))

Best Regards,
Herbert