Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG due monitors

Please see the attached image of my Power BI Bug, it occured when I installed the newest version of Power Bi to my desktop.  It only affects the program when I use it on my larger monitors and not when its on the laptop screen (mostly), it will happen on the laptop screen but it fixes itself after a few clicks.  It does not do that when on the extra monitors.  PIC of Power BI Error

Comments
pjpreddy2
Frequent Visitor

Issue.PNG

Toddlariviere

I have this same issue, were you ever able to find a solution. Does not work on external monitors but works on built in LCD screen.

pjpreddy2
Frequent Visitor

My IT guy thinks that there was a MS update that broke this, they're researching it and when I have a solution I'll post a response. 

pjpreddy2
Frequent Visitor

Thanks to @Toddlariviere for the solution!

I found a solution for my End User

We had to change scalling for the Application only (not for the monitors)

On your desktop, right click the program you want to reduce scaling on and select 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'. This will open a troubleshooting window.

Click 'Troubleshoot Program' and select 'The program opens but doesn't display correctly'.
This will show the compatibility settings Windows has selected for the program. It should say 'Display settings: Scaling on high DPI'.

Test the program. Just use the button in the troubleshooting window. If you like how it appears, click Next, then you're done!

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi All,

Please refer to Power-BI-display-issue-on-external-monitors and Power-BI-Desktop-canvas-resolution-issue.

I would suggest you create a support ticket here.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale