Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: cannot import custom visuals

I tried to import some custom visuals from the Microsoft Visual Store but every time I tried to import one, I get the following error message:

demi1996_0-1645097422581.png

It does not matter which custom visual I try to import and it also does not matter if I try to import it in an existing dashboard or in a completely new one. Is there an issue with the Store maybe?

Following error message I also got:

Stack Trace:

Javascript: TypeError

at MarketplaceProductsHostService.<anonymous> (https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:123260:93)

at https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:2952:43

at Object.next (https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:2963:26)

at fulfilled (https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:2867:44)

at ZoneDelegate.invoke (https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:110474:180)

at Object.onInvoke (https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:21452:64)

at ZoneDelegate.invoke (https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:110474:68)

at Zone.run (https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:110337:59)

at https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:110922:50

at ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:110486:193)

PowerBINonFatalError:

{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.100.1401.0","ModuleName":"https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js","Component":"MarketplaceProductsHostService","Error":"TypeError","MethodDef":"<anonymous>","ErrorOffset":"123260:93"}

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Hi,

According to my test, I can successfully import the custom visual to my Power BI desktop:

vrobertqmsft_0-1645167672396.png

What’s the kind of custom visual you wanted to import?

I suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and check if this problem can disappear.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
tchidemo
Regular Visitor

Getting the same error and have checked with others in my org and they have the same...

rubenvdv

Having the same issue. Checked across multiple organizations and issue seems to be present everywhere...

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

According to my test, I can successfully import the custom visual to my Power BI desktop:

vrobertqmsft_0-1645167672396.png

What’s the kind of custom visual you wanted to import?

I suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and check if this problem can disappear.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

tchidemo
Regular Visitor

Hi Robert,

It appears that the problem has now been fixed and this was happening with the latest version of Power BI desktop installed. Thank you!

JohnQ1978
Regular Visitor

@tchidemo 

Was there anything that you had to do to correct the error?  I'm still seeing this error when trying to import visuals. I even stood up a fresh VM with Power BI Desktop (latest version) and I'm still seeing that error. 

JohnQ1978
Regular Visitor

Including more detail from the error message.  I tried this with a fresh report, the sample data and attempting to import the Microsoft Histogram visual.  I have also attempted this with the Preview Infrastructure feature enabled with the same result.

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
An error occurred while rendering the report.

Stack Trace:
Javascript&colon; TypeError
at MarketplaceProductsHostService.<anonymous> (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:125208:93)
at ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:2946:43
at Object.next (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:2957:26)
at fulfilled (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:2861:44)
at ZoneDelegate.invoke (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:111061:180)
at Object.onInvoke (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:21446:64)
at ZoneDelegate.invoke (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:111061:68)
at Zone.run (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:110924:59)
at ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:111509:50
at ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:111073:193)

Stack Trace Message:
An error occurred while rendering the report.

Invocation Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<HandleException>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass2_1.<SendAndMarshalExceptions>b__0(Object null)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.WindowManager.ShowModal[T](T dialog, Func`1 showModalFunction)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass4_1.<Main>b__2()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

JS Error Message:
Cannot read property 'orgManagedPublicId' of undefined

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.102.683.0","ModuleName":"ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js","Component":"MarketplaceProductsHostService","Error":"TypeError","MethodDef":"<anonymous>","ErrorOffset":"125208:93"}

Snapshot Trace Logs:
C:\Users\JS\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\FrownSnapShot6bc8acc1-09c6-41f3-b66a-8affbb8ab1d6.zip

Model Default Mode:
Import

Model Version:
PowerBI_V3

Performance Trace Logs:
C:\Users\JS\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\PerformanceTraces.zip

Enabled Preview Features:
PBI_mobileAuthoringFormattingUI
PBI_useModernFormatPane
PBI_sparklines

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_qnaLiveConnect
PBI_azureMapVisual
PBI_dataPointLassoSelect
PBI_compositeModelsOverAS
PBI_dynamicParameters
PBI_enhancedTooltips
PBI_enableWebView2
PQ_WebView2Connector
PBI_scorecardVisual

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

PowerBIUserFeedbackServices_IsReported:
True

Formulas:

section Section1;

shared Sheet1 = let
Source = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin\SampleData\Financial Sample.xlsx"), null, true),
Sheet1_Sheet = Source{[Item="Sheet1",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Sheet1_Sheet, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Segment", type text}, {"Country", type text}, {"Product", type text}, {"Discount Band", type text}, {"Units Sold", type number}, {"Manufacturing Price", Int64.Type}, {"Sale Price", Int64.Type}, {"Gross Sales", type number}, {"Discounts", type number}, {" Sales", type number}, {"COGS", type number}, {"Profit", type number}, {"Date", type date}, {"Month Number", Int64.Type}, {"Month Name", type text}, {"Year", Int64.Type}})
in
#"Changed Type";

Active Section Contract:
{"id":0,"name":"ReportSection","displayName":"Page 1","filters":"[]","ordinal":0,"visualContainers":[],"config":{},"displayOption":1,"width":1280,"height":720}

dan_duluard
Regular Visitor

Is this still being investigated?  We are on the latest version of Power BI, 2.102.683.0 64-bit (February 2022), and still encountering the issue.

WizardWalksBy
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting this now on every import from "get more visuals", upgraded to latest version this morning.

JohnQ1978
Regular Visitor

I have a ticket in with support.  They're working on it. 

As a work around, here's what I did... 

• Go to Get More Visuals
  • Pick your visual
  • Click Download Sample and open the file
  • In the visuals section, right click the visual and pin it to your visuals 
  • Close Power BI and reopen your report you want to use.

The visual will still be pinned and working. I still can't just click add Visual and have it work.  If I get anything from support, I'll let you know. 

JohnQ1978
Regular Visitor

All seems to be working this morning without having actually done anything to fix the propblem. Is anyone else still seeing this issue?