Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

BUG < Calculations Failing for Published Workbooks with Mixed Storage Mode

Starting on Wendnesday last week 2/15, all visuals in our dashboard that relied on internal functions (like TODAY or NOW) stopped working.  Our dashboad is published to a workspace and uses a "Mixed Storage Mode".

As a temporary workaround, we made an alteration to our workbook (we removed a table) so that it could become "Direct Query Storage Mode".  Publishing as Direct led to our visuals working again.   

We can recreate the issue by adding table and publishing it as "Mixed".  Calculations will again fail, if they rely on internal functions like TODAY. 

Hi @mrnolan 

Is there a connection between the table you removed and the formula you created? Does the formula contain data from the table? Can you provide your formula?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @mrnolan 

Is there a connection between the table you removed and the formula you created? Does the formula contain data from the table? Can you provide your formula?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

bginders
Regular Visitor
mrnolan
Regular Visitor

Good morning @v-yetao1-msft :

Is there a connection between the table you removed and the formula you created?

No.  For example, all I need to do is create table with an expression like this, the workbook will switch to "Mixed" and any formula that includes (directly or indirectly) a reference to functions like TODAY or NOW will fail.

SimpleDateTable = CALENDAR(date(2021, 1, 1), date(2023, 1, 1))

Does the formula contain data from the table? 

No

Can you provide your formula?

SimpleTest = TODAY()

If I place `SimpleTest` in a visual while the workbook is opened on my desktop, it renders.  But as soon as I publish and/or refresh the published dashboard in the workspace, that visual will error.

greggle24
Regular Visitor