Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

BUG - Custom Format can't be selected

Hi,

Since the March 2022 update it has become impossible to change the format of a field to custom, the software won't let you select it at all

Hi @nicholashilton ,

It seems that I cannot reproduce your issue, my test Version: 2.103.881.0 64-bit (March 2022) and it works fine on my Power BI Desktop.

Did I miss something? It would be great if you can tell more details about how to reproduce your issue.

Custom format.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @nicholashilton ,

It seems that I cannot reproduce your issue, my test Version: 2.103.881.0 64-bit (March 2022) and it works fine on my Power BI Desktop.

Did I miss something? It would be great if you can tell more details about how to reproduce your issue.

Custom format.gif

Best Regards,

nicholashilton

Hi

Thanks for the quick response, I've reinstalled on my laptop and found the same issue and the same thing happens on my desktop

I won't send a clip due to data sensitivity but what I'm doing is trying to apply custom formatting to measures. I am selecting the measure. Clicking the formatting dropdown, selecting custom, at which point it just reverts to general

Thanks

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @nicholashilton ,

I have tested using measure, but I still can't reproduce your problem.
Kindly see the picture below:

vcaitlynmstf_0-1650962289554.png

Best Regards,

ReginaldPenguin
Helper I

Hi Caitlyn,

Thanks for your help with this I've investigated using a different pbix and the issue didn't persist it's just a bug in the file I'm using.

Thanks!

ReginaldPenguin
Helper I

Same person different account sorry!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, am experiencing the issue noted.  In my case, the field format was General and I needed to make it custom.  I select Custom...wait a few seconds...goes back to General...rinse and repeat 4 times...so I changed it to a Whole Number...wait a few seconds...that took....then changed it to custom...and it took. 

The issue seems to be intermittant because on another field, it took on the first try but on a third field, it took 3 tries (and again, required it to first use a different format first).

I am on the April 2022 version.

rayleneames12
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue as described by @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same bug...

First  changed the format to Currency and then I could select Custom without jumping back to General.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the same problem.

Thank you @Anonymous  switching to currency and then custom seems to work.

aex-zanui

Experiencing same issue. Try selecting Custom and displays "Working on it..." and then just changes the drop down back to General. Currently using version Version: 2.112.1161.0 64-bit (December 2022) of Power BI desktop.