Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Hi,

We're more and more inside our company to get the following error on refresh of a power bi dataset with Sharepoint sources:

We couldn't parse OData response result. Error: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

I saw multiple posts about this issue in 2023 on that forum, with always the same answer that your engineers are looking into it... Looks like that wasn't really fructuous 😕

Hi  @JulienZH ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  @JulienZH ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

RobertSlattery
Resolver III

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft any update on this please?  I am getting the same problem.

RaoMohsin6054
Regular Visitor

Power BI Desktop to the latest version and adjust parallel loading settings to prevent simultaneous execution of multiple queries, ensuring a successful report refresh. However, this may lead to a longer refresh time compared to parallel processing.

Read article: https://medium.com/microsoft-power-bi/resolving-unable-to-read-data-from-the-transport-connection-er...