Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Active Directory An item with the same key has already been added

Release: December, 2017

Product Version: 2.53.4954.481 (PBIDesktop) (x64)

and;

Release: December, 2017

Product Version: 2.53.4954.481 (PBIDesktop) (x86)

Error Message:  An item with the same key has already been added.

We have two instances of Active Directory (one is a new version to replace the other). I can connect to the older one from Power BI without problem, but trying to connect to the second one fails when I select the 'user' table and Power attempts to create a preview of the data. The error message ("An item with the same key has already been added") from the mashup evaluator seems to appear for lots of differnt users accessing many different data sources, judging by the other occurences of this bug logged on this forum. So is this an Active Directory problem, or a generic one?

And is there a fix?

I can connect to both versions using other utilities, and both version are in everyday use on the corporate network.

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: An item with the same key has already been added. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: An item with the same key has already been added. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: An item with the same key has already been added. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: An item with the same key has already been added. ---> Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: An item with the same key has already been added. ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please share the desktop trace log files with us. You can upload it to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I have send you a PM as requested with a link to all the trace logs.

Look forward to any help you can give for this.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for your update. I have viewed the trace log, and I'm trying to consult this internally, will update here once I get any information. Thanks. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

The issue has been reported internally: CRI 54302698. Will update to you once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the update. Can we track this issue online?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I got information below: 

Based on the stack trace it looks like AD class or attribute (most likely attribute) name is being used 2 or more times.  I haven't been able to repro this issue yet.

Getting the following 2 info will aid with repro:

1) Version of the old and new AD they are using.

2) Did they make any changes to the schema between the two version?  If yes, I would like as much info as possible on it.

Please share required information with us. Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now had a meeting with the AD people here.

They have looked through User object attributes, and can't find ny duplicates.

Version numbers; 

• Old version: Windows 2003 SP2
  • New Version: Windows 2012 R2

Schema changes;

the whole structure of the AD has changed between versions as well as the addition of attributes to user objects. The number of changes would be arduous to list.

Hope this helps,

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I got the information that the issue should be fixed in the March desktop version, please try to update your desktop and test again here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu