Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

monaraya

Different Ranking Scores for Identical Sales Amount with RANKX Function

In this blog, I would like to address one of the issues that I came across recently with the RANKX function where the Ranking Score is different, even though the Sales Amount is exactly same as shown below:

2.1.PNG

The measure used for Ranking Score has multiple nested measures which reference the RankX function.

Ranking Score = 

VAR V1=

calculate([Number of Users in selection],all(Table1[Column1]))

VAR V2 = LOOKUPVALUE('Table2'[Column2],'Table2'[Column3],"SellerName",'Table3'[Column1],SELECTEDVALUE(SalesLeague[Region]))

VAR V3 =LOOKUPVALUE('Table3'[Column3], 'Table3'[Column4]," PTQ",’ 'Table3'[Column1],SELECTEDVALUE(Seller[GROUP]))

VAR V4 =LOOKUPVALUE('Table3'[Column6],Table3'[Column7],"Seller",'Weight'[Division],SELECTEDVALUE(Seller[GROUP]))

VAR V5 =LOOKUPVALUE('Table4'[Column1], 'Table4'[Column2],"Seller%",'Table6'[Column1],SELECTEDVALUE(Seller[GROUP]))

return

+((NumberofUsersinselection-[TopSeller rank]+1)* Weight)

+((NumberofUsersinselection -[TopSeller PTQ Rank]+1)* PTQWeight)

+(( NumberofUsersinselection -[TopSeller Growth Rank]+1)* GrowthWeight)

+((NumberofUsersinselection-[TopSeller Growth% Rank]+1)*GrowthPercent)

Upon checking the root level measure, I have noticed that the measure is referencing a table named “Table3” and the data type of the below Columns is a 'Decimal Number': 

• Table3[Column1]
  • Table3[Column2]
  • Table3[Column3]

2.2.PNG

RANKX function expects 'Whole Number' as an input and in this case the discrepancy seen is due to the Decimal Number input. So, I went ahead and changed the Data type and Format to 'Whole Number' from 'Decimal Number'. 

2.3.PNG

And the Ranking Score works as expected now.

2.4.PNG

Author: Mounika Narayana Reddy