Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

aseagull
Helper III
Helper III

Publish to Web failure types

I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone, or if it duplicates something already out there. Comments welcome.

I found that my Publish to Web attempts were failing in two different ways. This is not an issue with the settings on my tenant: I have the appropriate permissions. Only sometimes (1) the Publish to Web option is not there and other times (2) the option is there but the service cannot proceed from Step 4 to Step 5 of the link below.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

The latter error is most frustrating because the UI looks like it's creating the link, then nothing happens. In my specific case, I played with several parameters: is the dataset in the same workspace (it needs to be, per the documentation) and do I have report-level measures? The latter can be further refined: What if I create a local model so the report-level measures "become" model-level measures? We shall see what happens:

No report-level measuresReport-level measuresLocal model to "capture" the report-level measures
Dataset in same workspaceworks fine(1) above: option unavailable(2) above: broken UI
Dataset in different workspace(2) above: broken UI(1) above: option unavailable(2) above: broken UI

Did I actually do anything but confirm that the stated limitations are, in fact, limitations? Well, I hoped that creating a local model would get me around the "no report-level measures" issue. It doesn't. Maybe this will help someone, or maybe someone will help me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aseagull ,

We have reported your issue and have submitted to internal icm 321542180 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aseagull ,

We have reported your issue and have submitted to internal icm 321542180 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors