Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aseagull
Helper III
Helper III

Publish to Web failure types

I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone, or if it duplicates something already out there. Comments welcome.

I found that my Publish to Web attempts were failing in two different ways. This is not an issue with the settings on my tenant: I have the appropriate permissions. Only sometimes (1) the Publish to Web option is not there and other times (2) the option is there but the service cannot proceed from Step 4 to Step 5 of the link below.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

The latter error is most frustrating because the UI looks like it's creating the link, then nothing happens. In my specific case, I played with several parameters: is the dataset in the same workspace (it needs to be, per the documentation) and do I have report-level measures? The latter can be further refined: What if I create a local model so the report-level measures "become" model-level measures? We shall see what happens:

No report-level measuresReport-level measuresLocal model to "capture" the report-level measures
Dataset in same workspaceworks fine(1) above: option unavailable(2) above: broken UI
Dataset in different workspace(2) above: broken UI(1) above: option unavailable(2) above: broken UI

Did I actually do anything but confirm that the stated limitations are, in fact, limitations? Well, I hoped that creating a local model would get me around the "no report-level measures" issue. It doesn't. Maybe this will help someone, or maybe someone will help me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aseagull ,

We have reported your issue and have submitted to internal icm 321542180 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aseagull ,

We have reported your issue and have submitted to internal icm 321542180 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors