cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aseagull
Helper III
Helper III

Publish to Web failure types

I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone, or if it duplicates something already out there. Comments welcome.

I found that my Publish to Web attempts were failing in two different ways. This is not an issue with the settings on my tenant: I have the appropriate permissions. Only sometimes (1) the Publish to Web option is not there and other times (2) the option is there but the service cannot proceed from Step 4 to Step 5 of the link below.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

The latter error is most frustrating because the UI looks like it's creating the link, then nothing happens. In my specific case, I played with several parameters: is the dataset in the same workspace (it needs to be, per the documentation) and do I have report-level measures? The latter can be further refined: What if I create a local model so the report-level measures "become" model-level measures? We shall see what happens:

No report-level measuresReport-level measuresLocal model to "capture" the report-level measures
Dataset in same workspaceworks fine(1) above: option unavailable(2) above: broken UI
Dataset in different workspace(2) above: broken UI(1) above: option unavailable(2) above: broken UI

Did I actually do anything but confirm that the stated limitations are, in fact, limitations? Well, I hoped that creating a local model would get me around the "no report-level measures" issue. It doesn't. Maybe this will help someone, or maybe someone will help me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caitlyn-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aseagull ,

We have reported your issue and have submitted to internal icm 321542180 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-caitlyn-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aseagull ,

We have reported your issue and have submitted to internal icm 321542180 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
November 2022 Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2022 updates!

European Share Point Conference

European Share Point Conference

This conference returns live and in-person in Copenhagen this 28 November-01 December with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors