Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Service API not available in Azure Portal

Hi. I have registered my first demo app through the Azure Portal. (I also tried registering the app using the PowerBI App Registration Tool, but that gave me an error: "You aren't authorized to register applications. It's possible your tenant administrator has authorized only admin users to register applications. Please contact your administrator.") Anyway, I got passed that using the Azure Portal so thats fine. 

Now I am encountering a second problem. At 'Required Permissions' I do not have Power BI Service (Power BI) available. There is a note on this issue at the register-app help page (link) saying 

If you created the app directly in the Azure AD portal, Power BI Service (Power BI) may not be present. If it isn't, select + Add and then 1 Select and API. Select Power BI Service in the API list and select Select.If Power BI Service (Power BI) isn't available within + Add, sign up for Power BI with at least one user.

The latter applies to me. Power BI is not available within + Add, so the note says I have to sign up for Power BI with at least one user. But i dont understand this, since I am signed up to Power BI and I am logged in. (The top right corner clearly displays my name and email and says I am logged in). 

I am clearly misunderstanding something. What do I have to do?

Many thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
ms_is_crap

Having issues with Azure portal and Power BI including Fabric and the 'free trail'

I think the Fabric with Power BI has such bad UX and impossible setup that Microsoft is having HUGE issues and doesn't dare say: WE HAVE SCREWED UP

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know anything about your issue but I have an issue with API that is not being addressed either so I feel your pain...lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it a bad question, the wrong forum, or why am I not getting any response? (Not to be rude, just inquiring.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.