Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Service API not available in Azure Portal

Hi. I have registered my first demo app through the Azure Portal. (I also tried registering the app using the PowerBI App Registration Tool, but that gave me an error: "You aren't authorized to register applications. It's possible your tenant administrator has authorized only admin users to register applications. Please contact your administrator.") Anyway, I got passed that using the Azure Portal so thats fine. 

Now I am encountering a second problem. At 'Required Permissions' I do not have Power BI Service (Power BI) available. There is a note on this issue at the register-app help page (link) saying 

If you created the app directly in the Azure AD portal, Power BI Service (Power BI) may not be present. If it isn't, select + Add and then 1 Select and API. Select Power BI Service in the API list and select Select.If Power BI Service (Power BI) isn't available within + Add, sign up for Power BI with at least one user.

The latter applies to me. Power BI is not available within + Add, so the note says I have to sign up for Power BI with at least one user. But i dont understand this, since I am signed up to Power BI and I am logged in. (The top right corner clearly displays my name and email and says I am logged in). 

I am clearly misunderstanding something. What do I have to do?

Many thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
ms_is_crap

Having issues with Azure portal and Power BI including Fabric and the 'free trail'

I think the Fabric with Power BI has such bad UX and impossible setup that Microsoft is having HUGE issues and doesn't dare say: WE HAVE SCREWED UP

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know anything about your issue but I have an issue with API that is not being addressed either so I feel your pain...lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it a bad question, the wrong forum, or why am I not getting any response? (Not to be rude, just inquiring.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors