Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

newManageGatewaysUI false by default

For some reason my gateway management now goes thru a new "preview" U/I that is titled with Data (preview).

Based on a bit of usage, I can tell this "preview" screen has not made it thru QA yet.  It is really hard to use, especially when one wants to manage a selected list of data sources (the ones that I actually have rights to manage).

Is there a way to opt out of the preview U/I by default?  I see that others have posted an argument (newManageGatewaysUI=false) but I'm hoping it won't be necessary to type this all the time. 

In fact, it would be great if I could opt out of all "preview" features by default, until they go thru QA.  There are certain previews that I want to participate in, and others that I want to stay away from.  In general, I'm not a fan of the U/I in the Power BI service portal.  I find it subpar (hard to use, laggy, has bad visual cues, and frequently gets confused, requiring full reloads to reset the state of the page). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dbeavon3 ,

You could use the below url to achieve what you want:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/gateways?newManageGatewaysUI=false 

Best Regards
Lucien

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@v-luwang-msft  Thanks for the reply.

There appears to be no option in that screen for disabling the "new managed gateway" UI.

Based on your explanation, there should be a better way to disable this preview feature.  Notice that the portal describes the new UI as a preview:

dbeavon3_0-1653654180243.png

Hi @dbeavon3 ,

You could use the below url to achieve what you want:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/gateways?newManageGatewaysUI=false 

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dbeavon3 ,

Pls test the below steps:

1.Open your Settings menu by selecting the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your Power BI screen and choosing Settings.

vluwangmsft_2-1653641034778.png

2.Select the General tab. If previews exist, you'll either see an option for Preview features or you'll see a preview feature listed on the left. In this example, there is a preview listed for ArcGIS Maps.

vluwangmsft_4-1653641150927.png

3.Select the On radio button, or mark the checkbox, to try out the new experience. Then select Apply.

4.To turn off preview features, follow steps 1-3 above, and in step 3, choose Off, or remove the checkmark, and select Apply.

To learn more details ,refer:

Opt in for Power BI service preview features

And if by use desktop,test the below:

vluwangmsft_5-1653641307277.pngvluwangmsft_6-1653641320931.png

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors