Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

newManageGatewaysUI false by default

For some reason my gateway management now goes thru a new "preview" U/I that is titled with Data (preview).

Based on a bit of usage, I can tell this "preview" screen has not made it thru QA yet.  It is really hard to use, especially when one wants to manage a selected list of data sources (the ones that I actually have rights to manage).

Is there a way to opt out of the preview U/I by default?  I see that others have posted an argument (newManageGatewaysUI=false) but I'm hoping it won't be necessary to type this all the time. 

In fact, it would be great if I could opt out of all "preview" features by default, until they go thru QA.  There are certain previews that I want to participate in, and others that I want to stay away from.  In general, I'm not a fan of the U/I in the Power BI service portal.  I find it subpar (hard to use, laggy, has bad visual cues, and frequently gets confused, requiring full reloads to reset the state of the page). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dbeavon3 ,

You could use the below url to achieve what you want:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/gateways?newManageGatewaysUI=false 

Best Regards
Lucien

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@v-luwang-msft  Thanks for the reply.

There appears to be no option in that screen for disabling the "new managed gateway" UI.

Based on your explanation, there should be a better way to disable this preview feature.  Notice that the portal describes the new UI as a preview:

dbeavon3_0-1653654180243.png

Hi @dbeavon3 ,

You could use the below url to achieve what you want:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/gateways?newManageGatewaysUI=false 

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dbeavon3 ,

Pls test the below steps:

1.Open your Settings menu by selecting the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your Power BI screen and choosing Settings.

vluwangmsft_2-1653641034778.png

2.Select the General tab. If previews exist, you'll either see an option for Preview features or you'll see a preview feature listed on the left. In this example, there is a preview listed for ArcGIS Maps.

vluwangmsft_4-1653641150927.png

3.Select the On radio button, or mark the checkbox, to try out the new experience. Then select Apply.

4.To turn off preview features, follow steps 1-3 above, and in step 3, choose Off, or remove the checkmark, and select Apply.

To learn more details ,refer:

Opt in for Power BI service preview features

And if by use desktop,test the below:

vluwangmsft_5-1653641307277.pngvluwangmsft_6-1653641320931.png

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors