Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

prdhar

Power BI Dashboard on Display screen

Hi, 

I am looking to display a Power BI Dashboard built using a Power BI PRO license on a TV  so people in my organization can view the information when passing by. Am I required to buy a license for every user passing but or one Power BI PRO license is enough?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prdhar,

That's a fun question! In my opinion you should only have one license for the user that has created the report / dashboard. You don't know each passing person so you cannot buy a license for them all.

Ofcourse when people are going to interact with the dashboard on their own computer they need a license. 

In my opinion this is more like a "Publish to web" set-up, so no need for extra licenses.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @prdhar,

In your scenario, one Power BI PRO license is enough as mentioned by @Anonymous above. 

If you still have any question on this, feel free to post here. If not, could you accept the reply of @Anonymous as answer to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prdhar,

That's a fun question! In my opinion you should only have one license for the user that has created the report / dashboard. You don't know each passing person so you cannot buy a license for them all.

Ofcourse when people are going to interact with the dashboard on their own computer they need a license. 

In my opinion this is more like a "Publish to web" set-up, so no need for extra licenses.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors