Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
prdhar Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Power BI Dashboard on Display screen

Hi, 

I am looking to display a Power BI Dashboard built using a Power BI PRO license on a TV  so people in my organization can view the information when passing by. Am I required to buy a license for every user passing but or one Power BI PRO license is enough?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jordi-f
Advisor

Re: Power BI Dashboard on Display screen

Hi Prdhar,

That's a fun question! In my opinion you should only have one license for the user that has created the report / dashboard. You don't know each passing person so you cannot buy a license for them all.

Ofcourse when people are going to interact with the dashboard on their own computer they need a license. 

In my opinion this is more like a "Publish to web" set-up, so no need for extra licenses.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jordi-f
Advisor

Hi Prdhar,

That's a fun question! In my opinion you should only have one license for the user that has created the report / dashboard. You don't know each passing person so you cannot buy a license for them all.

Ofcourse when people are going to interact with the dashboard on their own computer they need a license. 

In my opinion this is more like a "Publish to web" set-up, so no need for extra licenses.

View solution in original post

Microsoft v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft

Hi @prdhar,

In your scenario, one Power BI PRO license is enough as mentioned by @jordi-f above. 

If you still have any question on this, feel free to post here. If not, could you accept the reply of @jordi-f as answer to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)