Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prdhar

Power BI Dashboard on Display screen

Hi, 

I am looking to display a Power BI Dashboard built using a Power BI PRO license on a TV  so people in my organization can view the information when passing by. Am I required to buy a license for every user passing but or one Power BI PRO license is enough?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prdhar,

That's a fun question! In my opinion you should only have one license for the user that has created the report / dashboard. You don't know each passing person so you cannot buy a license for them all.

Ofcourse when people are going to interact with the dashboard on their own computer they need a license. 

In my opinion this is more like a "Publish to web" set-up, so no need for extra licenses.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @prdhar,

In your scenario, one Power BI PRO license is enough as mentioned by @Anonymous above. 

If you still have any question on this, feel free to post here. If not, could you accept the reply of @Anonymous as answer to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prdhar,

That's a fun question! In my opinion you should only have one license for the user that has created the report / dashboard. You don't know each passing person so you cannot buy a license for them all.

Ofcourse when people are going to interact with the dashboard on their own computer they need a license. 

In my opinion this is more like a "Publish to web" set-up, so no need for extra licenses.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors