Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BIanon
Resolver I
Resolver I

Pivoted table fails in service but not locally

Hello Community,

In a model I have a table set up like this

IdNameValue
1Name1Val1
2Name1

Val2

3Name1Val1
4Name2

Val1

The table keeps going like this.

A pivoted version of the table is also available, I don't like it but we have our reasons for keeping it.
The Name col is pivoted on the vals col so every distinct name becomes a column.

The problem is, whenever there are changes made in the underlying table, which happens pretty frequently, the pivoted table fails. I get this error:
Data source error: The 'X' column does not exist in the rowset.

I then open the file locally, refresh it without any issues and reupload and it can now refresh in service until another change is made.

At first I thought it was because the column that was removed was used as a filter somewhere in the report which made it error out, so I split the dataset and report file hoping it would stop it but that had no effect. Thinking about it afterwards, this would probably just cause a broken visual and not a dataset error.

I am not sure why this error occurs in service or what I can do to fix it. PBI feels a little black box-ish whenever there is a difference between what happens locally and what happens in the cloud.

2 REPLIES 2
huguestremblay
Helper II
Helper II

Hello, did you find a solutio to this problem?  I have the same issue here...

Jose-oliveira

estou com problema parecido, objeto matriz quando atualizo localmente power bi desktop os valores estão corretos, depois de publicado para app os valores mudam ficanco 0.01 ou 00, segue imagem abaixo para melho entendimento:

Obs. ja excluir a publicação e publiquei novamente, ja troquei de navegador, mais o problema persiste.

Power bi desktop

Joseoliveira_0-1693057085623.png

Workspace

Joseoliveira_1-1693057117140.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors