Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ElvaHuang
Regular Visitor

PowerBI dataflow refresh failed due to Premium_ASWL_Error

Hi all,

In my case, I have two PBI dataflows with some tables. I want to created a new table in dataflow A with two table, one is from dataflow A the other one is from dataflow B, the transformation has done and the preview works well. But when I save and refresh it later, it will be failed with the error : {"code":"Premium_ASWL_Error_Details_Label","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Refresh is not supported for datasets with a calculated table or calculated column that depends on a table which references Analysis Services using DirectQuery."}}],"exceptionCulp....

I remembered I had do the same action before and without any issue, so if these have any change for PBI dataflow or anyone can help me on this? 

Thanks advance,

Elva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElvaHuang 

I found a similar case , maybe you can refer to it .

Advice when using a DirectQuery and dataflow toget... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Employee
Employee

If you use the CLENDARAUTO CALENDARAUTO function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn "Returns a table with a single column named "Date" that contains a contiguous set of dates. The range of dates is calculated automatically based on data in the model."

The calculated table is effectively based on the DQ source and is not supported to refresh in the service.

Please consider using the CALENDAR function instead. Corresponding document:CALENDAR function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Learn

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElvaHuang 

I found a similar case , maybe you can refer to it .

Advice when using a DirectQuery and dataflow toget... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors