Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sun-sboyanapall
Frequent Visitor

Our ODBC connector has 1mil limit _ best ways to extract data >1mil

Hello, 

We are using a custom application and only way to extract data from it is using odbc driver which has a 1mil limit per request. currently what I am doing is creating a dataflow with each query @ 1mil rows and appending them together. The issue with this is when I refresh it will always load the entire 1mil rows instead of just updating the latest data. 

sunsboyanapall_0-1650061958762.png

Another issue is lets say I have 10mil rows I need to create 10 separate 1mil Blocks.

would love your suggestions on how we can best implement this on powerBI.

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sun-sboyanapall ,

Q1. I have an idea but haven't tested it yet. However, this approach may affect performance. The steps are similar to yours, filter the table and import it into PQ, and eventually appending the table in Power Query Editor.

Q2. If this dataflow resides in a workspace in Premium capacity, you can configure incremental refreshes for this data flow, it will load the latest data into the dataflow according to the rules.

Please refer here.

Using incremental refresh with dataflows

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_Gao

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Ho to get yur questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors