Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint files does not refresh with scheduled refresh

Hi!

Could anyone help me understand why my excel files, that are stored in Sharepoint folder do not refresh with scheduled refresh in Power BI Service?

Situation: I am working with two business account emails. So with A business email I enter Power BI service in which the report is published in workspace, and with B business account email I enter sharepoint folder, where the excel files are stored. (For now it is not possible to store excel files in sharepoint under A email account, that is why I am using the B email account).

So in workspace, I have scheduled a refresh for the report (with data sources from Google Analytics, Power BI dataflow and sharepoint). The scheduled refresh runs without errors each time and it refreshes the data for GA and Power BI dataflow with no problems, but the sharepoint excel files do not get refreshed and I am not getting any error notification regarding why it is not happening. 

I have integrated the sharepoint excel files in report using this approach https://www.pbiusergroup.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=b955b179-...

Could someone suggest any solution for this, please? 

PS. I tried to check whether the sharepoint excel file refresh would work if I set it up in service under the same business email account as the sharepoint files, so set up the scheduled refresh for the report in also Power bi service in B business email account, but there was the same issue.

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

vxiaotang_3-1650274400311.png

FYI: Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

According to the picture above, please check your schedule refresh settings for that dataset.

vxiaotang_4-1650274437111.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors