Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LeDuc
Frequent Visitor

Incremental Refresh causes an error in PBI services

I set up Incremental Refresh on the Power BI desktop and refreshed the data and it worked fine. But when I published the data on the web app, it failed with the following log. It seems like PBI somehow added these symbols `` on every column name so Dremio couldn't parse the query. Help is appreciated. Thanks

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Dremio][Connector] (1040) Dremio failed to execute the query: select `PK`,\r\n `MONTH`,\r\n `COMPANY_ID`,\r\n `COMPANY_CODE`,\r\n

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LeDuc ,

Generally speaking, this may be a privacy level issue. You can change the permissions of the dataset from "None" to "Organization" in powerbi destkop and republish it to the service, then you need to go to the "Management Gateway "and make sure the "Privacy Level" of this data source is also "Organization".

vhenrykmstf_0-1650249207810.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1650249293551.png

For more details, you can read related blog link:

Privacy Levels for Cloud Data Sources | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Henry, thank you so much for the help.

Just to make sure I've followed exactly as you instructed. I have to:

1. Go to Data source settings -> Edit Permissions -> change Privacy Level to Organizational
  2. Go to PBI services -> Manage gateways -> change Privacy Level setting for this data source to Organizational

Is this correct? If so I've done it and the error persists

LeDuc_0-1650278432825.png

LeDuc_1-1650278453510.png

Is there anything else I can try? Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors