Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

johnpjustus
Helper IV
Helper IV

Deployment Pipeline error

Hi All,

I am having issue with deployment pipeline.

I have dev -uat and Prod workspace mapped to Development - Test -Production pipeline

Now my deployment works fine from Dev-Test but when I tried to deploy from Test to Prod, I see the following error.

Has anyone experienced this?

Something went wrong

Deployment couldn't be completed.

Please check the technical details for more information. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Hide details

Operation ID: 19cbe695-7ee0-4e4d-89a6-5c8fcc55f459
Correlation ID: 9c2172a3-1442-2020-1f8d-3a0c5db56c5d
Request ID: fad408ce-1d18-8b40-a02a-9585c88401f2
Time: 4/17/2024, 3:12:09 PM
Service version: 13.0.23072.58
Client version: 2404.2.18827-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-north-america-g-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @johnpjustus 

Here I offer some possible solutions:

Ensure that all items deployed from test to production have their dependencies available during the production phase.

If a report or dataset in test depends on other items that do not exist in production, the deployment may fail.

The deployment pipeline may not support certain items or attributes, which can cause the deployment to fail.

Verify that both test and production workspaces are on fabric capacity and do not exceed the maximum number of items that can be deployed in a single deployment.

If deployment rules have been configured to change data sources or parameters between phases, make sure they are properly configured and apply to the item being deployed.

Check the deployment history  for any notes or patterns in previous deployments that may indicate problems in this deployment.

The Microsoft Fabric deployment pipelines process - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Fabric Application lifecycle management (ALM) deployment pipelines history - Microsoft Fabric | Micr...

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @johnpjustus 

Here I offer some possible solutions:

Ensure that all items deployed from test to production have their dependencies available during the production phase.

If a report or dataset in test depends on other items that do not exist in production, the deployment may fail.

The deployment pipeline may not support certain items or attributes, which can cause the deployment to fail.

Verify that both test and production workspaces are on fabric capacity and do not exceed the maximum number of items that can be deployed in a single deployment.

If deployment rules have been configured to change data sources or parameters between phases, make sure they are properly configured and apply to the item being deployed.

Check the deployment history  for any notes or patterns in previous deployments that may indicate problems in this deployment.

The Microsoft Fabric deployment pipelines process - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Fabric Application lifecycle management (ALM) deployment pipelines history - Microsoft Fabric | Micr...

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you so much!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors