Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SC_Developer
Frequent Visitor

Fabric pipeline between warehouses triggered on change

Hi guys!

Here is my requirement:

I have a Power BI dataflow (from one Fabric Warehouse to another) and want to have it refreshed automatically when the source data is changed.

What I tried:

• Couldn't find an option to configure it within the dataflow.
  • I put the dataflow into a PBI pipeline but couldn't find that kind of trigger neither.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KevinChant
Frequent Visitor

Yes I do, depending on the location you could retain the data in the original warehouse and simply query it from the other one instead of duplicating the data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinChant
Frequent Visitor

Yes I do, depending on the location you could retain the data in the original warehouse and simply query it from the other one instead of duplicating the data.

KevinChant
Frequent Visitor

Is there any particular reason why you need to duplicate the data between the Data Warehouses instead of creating a view to query the data in the other one?

Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply. Do you mean SQL query?

SC_Developer_1-1712212948467.png

I didn't think too much about whether I wanted to duplicate the data but I wanted to use the functionalities of power query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors