cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muchinski Member

Re: June 2018 Release of Power BI Report Server?

Hi @chrisfin, after each update, we always had to clean the browser cache for every user . It is being a recurrent issue since the first update. Maybe you could add a 'Tip' on the blog post recommending to clean the browser's cache if a user expect any problem.

IE: On this August update, the "Loading" icon keeps rolling until we clean the cache... on previous updates, some visuals didn't render (like new matrix).

Ccparkhill Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Have downloaded and installed the August release, minor issue but in "About Power BI Report Server" it still says March 2018 though the build number has changed to 1.3.6801.38816.

muchinski Member

Hi @Ccparkhill, here it says August: "Version 1.3.6801.38816 (August 2018)"

Ccparkhill Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Looks like IE was caching that, refreshed the browser and now showing August 2018, here's how it looked:

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
DaveW Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I've upgraded to August update and restarted through the Configuration Manager.

When I go to the URL, all my folders are there but when trying to open Power BI reports, the circle of dots keep going round

When I try to open Paginated reports, I get this error:

Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingObjectModel, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) (rsErrorLoadingExprHostAssembly)

Anyone else getting this and any ideas?

CB1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

We have the same problems as DaveW

Ongoing loading data screens, both IE11 and Chrome.

It's a Windows Server 2012 / SQL Server 2016 environment on Azure

Reports are working correct in Power BI Desktop august release, only not in PBIRS.

mattharling Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue- circle of dots just keep spinning. No errors in the logs, nothing....

Frequent Visitor

The "Edit in Power BI Desktop"  button also has stopped working:

Capture.PNG

rama Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Where can the August Power BI desktop for the report server be found? When I click the download button on the August server for the desktop it takes me to the March release. The help indicates that I am using the August release of the server.

Frequent Visitor

Looks to be an issue with things stored in the Browser Cache. We cleared the entire history etc from the browser cache and the reports have started running.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 49 members 819 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: