cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
messerjc Member

June 2018 Release of Power BI Report Server?

Our team's migration project to PBIRS has been delayed a few months, but I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be able to move forward in June. Now that we're closing in on June, and I believe the original idea was quarterly releases for Report Server...does anyone know if we can plan on seeing a new release in the next few weeks? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power BI Team chrisfin
Power BI Team

Re: June 2018 Release of Power BI Report Server?

The plan is to do three releases a year, and we're shooting to keep that consistent, so we're expecting to see the next release of the server come in July as mentioned, though it might slip into early August because of the all the work we're doing to land the initial preview of RDL reports in Power BI Premium (as was pointed out on Twitter today by some eagle-eyed users viewing the Dynamics 365 release docs).

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72

I would expect the next version to drop the end of July at the earliest. With the last one being towards the end of March. The cycle and support timeline is pointing towards a late July / Early August.

messerjc Member

Thanks, that's about what I've been guessing too. Crossing my fingers for a mid-June release because I don't know what kind of window I'll have to worth with, and I haven't found any specifics elsewhere on features.

Highlighted
Power BI Team chrisfin
Power BI Team

The plan is to do three releases a year, and we're shooting to keep that consistent, so we're expecting to see the next release of the server come in July as mentioned, though it might slip into early August because of the all the work we're doing to land the initial preview of RDL reports in Power BI Premium (as was pointed out on Twitter today by some eagle-eyed users viewing the Dynamics 365 release docs).

View solution in original post

messerjc Member

Well that's good (and interesting) news all around, thanks Chris! I'll have to see how things progress over here the next month or so, maybe we can hold off for that July/August release since the vast majority of what we do is still SSRS and RDL based, and probably will be for a while. 

pbx Member

With all the bugs introduced and reintroduced every release, you may want to try with the latest version now, fully test it so that you know what to expect.
messerjc Member

Yeah we have the March release on a dev server and have been experimenting a bit there. We'll just have to see how the timelines fall...other issues at play on our end unfortunately! 

FilLob Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi all!

This page shows the support timeline to PBIRS so far. What a pitty RS will be available quite later than the desktop version :/

Cumps,

Fil

DaveW Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hey, just wondering how we get the function option of hiding the filters from published PBIRS reports.

Having the option to remove the filters from published reports would help in reducing the access to the complete dataset by users. The work around is tailoring tables for each report which is time consuming.  RLS would be another neat function hereSmiley Happy

How do we get this through for the next PBIRS release coming soon...

Power BI Team chrisfin
Power BI Team

We have both of these items on our backlog, but it's unlikely these will show up in the next release of PBIRS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 216 members 2,506 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: