cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't uninstall Personal Gateway

Yay. Please post back when it is delivered. 

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
etrav87 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Has this been resolved? When I first installed PBI about a year ago I used a personal gateway. I am revisiting the software now and realized I rather use an On-premises data gateway. 

I went through the process of setting up the on premise gateway, but when I go to set my gateway connection on datasets, it only list Power BI - Personal as an option and will not let me select anything else. This is despite the fact that when I go to manage my gateways, only my on premise gateway shows in the list, without any personal gateways being listed. 

Thanks.

etrav87 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Has this been resolved? When I first installed PBI about a year ago I used a personal gateway. I am revisiting the software now and realized I rather use an On-premises data gateway. 

I went through the process of setting up the on premise gateway, but when I go to set my gateway connection on datasets, it only list Power BI - Personal as an option and will not let me select anything else. This is despite the fact that when I go to manage my gateways, only my on premise gateway shows in the list, without any personal gateways being listed. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Power BI Team dimazaid
Power BI Team

hi @etrav87,
- The ability to remove the personla gateway from the list should be going live in the next few weeks. It will remove the personal gateway automatically if you haven't used it in 30 days.

- Here's a super helpful video by Adam Saxton on how to get the gateway to show up on your list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t7RO6mHATI

- The personal gateway is not expected to show up under manage Gateways, only on-premises data gateways show up there.

Thanks!
Dimah 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors