Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Shakti22
Regular Visitor

Slicer for multiple columns

I'm working with a senario in which I need to create single slicer for multiple columns, I have tried few DAX quaries with the help of similar questions asked on forum but I was unable to make that work.

Below is my data view on which I'm working

Brandtop 10 pertop 20 pertop 30 pertop 40 per
B10001
B21111
B30111
B40011
B50001

I am looking for solution in which I can select Top 10, Top 20 or Top 40 from filter to reflect only those brands in various charts which denotes 1 in correspond to the selection.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Shakti22

In your scenario, to achieve your requirement. You can refer to following steps:

1. Unpivot your source table columns. To make them as fields in Slicer.

Go to Edit Queries -> Choose your source table and select column Brand -> Go to Transform option, find Unpivot Columns and choose Unpivot other columns:

1.PNG

2. Close & Apply. Then you can simply create Slicers:

2.PNG3.PNG

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Shakti22

In your scenario, to achieve your requirement. You can refer to following steps:

1. Unpivot your source table columns. To make them as fields in Slicer.

Go to Edit Queries -> Choose your source table and select column Brand -> Go to Transform option, find Unpivot Columns and choose Unpivot other columns:

1.PNG

2. Close & Apply. Then you can simply create Slicers:

2.PNG3.PNG

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

When you load the data, unpivot it before it is loaded. Click the brand column and then select “unpivot other columns”. You can then place a slicer on the new attribute column. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.