Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scatter chart issue - adding 'Values' gives an error message

Hello,

I am trying to create a scatter chart with the total due on X Axis against the Profit on Y Axis. but as soon as I add salesIDs or Month & Year in the 'Values' field, it will give me an error message.  I have created scatter charts before without any problems. Are there any issus with my desktop version (April 2022)? Or just issues with me?

Toshie_0-1655459784761.png

Adding Year & Month from the Dates table which has a relationship with the Sales table where the TotalDue and Profit are in.

Toshie_1-1655459955854.png

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
James-Harpin
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hello,

Have you got a summarization for your X/Y axis values? e.g. SUM

Please reference this video, this might help with your solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbZJLFI-t-Y

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

My appology - I rewatched the video. I added SUM measures for both X and Y. After that the Values field accepted 'Year Month'.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.  I have watched this video. but his tricks didn't work for my case. 

James-Harpin
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hello,

Have you got a summarization for your X/Y axis values? e.g. SUM

Please reference this video, this might help with your solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbZJLFI-t-Y

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.