Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scatter chart issue - adding 'Values' gives an error message

Hello,

I am trying to create a scatter chart with the total due on X Axis against the Profit on Y Axis. but as soon as I add salesIDs or Month & Year in the 'Values' field, it will give me an error message.  I have created scatter charts before without any problems. Are there any issus with my desktop version (April 2022)? Or just issues with me?

Toshie_0-1655459784761.png

Adding Year & Month from the Dates table which has a relationship with the Sales table where the TotalDue and Profit are in.

Toshie_1-1655459955854.png

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
James-Harpin
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hello,

Have you got a summarization for your X/Y axis values? e.g. SUM

Please reference this video, this might help with your solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbZJLFI-t-Y

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

My appology - I rewatched the video. I added SUM measures for both X and Y. After that the Values field accepted 'Year Month'.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.  I have watched this video. but his tricks didn't work for my case. 

James-Harpin
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hello,

Have you got a summarization for your X/Y axis values? e.g. SUM

Please reference this video, this might help with your solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbZJLFI-t-Y

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.