Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

graemejohnson
Helper II
Helper II

Now getting "DataSource.Error: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader"

A query that involves a call to a REST API and which has previously been working, has now stopped working...

It's failing with a "DataSource.Error: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader" error...

I'm not sure what do to Smiley Frustrated

2019-06-25_12h23_20.png

2019-06-25_12h21_20.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @graemejohnson 

Please check if below similar post could help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/DataSource-Error-The-server-committed-a-protocol-violation/...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @graemejohnson 

Please check if below similar post could help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/DataSource-Error-The-server-committed-a-protocol-violation/...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-cherch-msft  - I looked into this possibility with our IT guys and they confirmed that Incapsula is adding some tracking content to the response returned from the REST call - and it's this that is causing the issue.    I have asked that the tracking content is removed so will hopefully soon start to get a clean payload coming through 🙂

Your steer was much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.