Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

steirx

DataSource.Error : The server committed a protocol violation.

Hi,

The REST API I am trying to connect to is protected by a WAF (incapsula) that introducte wrongly formated cookies (for protection purpose, and I can't disable this protection). With a standar browser it works well but with Power BI Desktop I got this error "DataSource.Error : The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail=CR must be followed by LF".

How can enable the parsing of unsafe header with the Web.Content query ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Lydia,

I have actually used a local transparent web proxy on my Window server to remove the cookies and it works now.

Regards,

Eric

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@steirx,

I am afraid that Power BI Desktop doesn’t work with such REST API, for more details, please review the following similar threads.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37838007/power-bi-power-query-web-request-results-in-cr-must-be-...
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b10b16d1-8eea-4b52-8aeb-f96ea87135fa/sectionrespon...

In your scenario, check if you can export data to other data sources, then connect to the data source in Power BI.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia,

I have actually used a local transparent web proxy on my Window server to remove the cookies and it works now.

Regards,

Eric

Hi @steirx,

I have the same issue. This morning when I was setting up the connection it worked properly and I was able to get the data in Power BI, but didn't save the pbix. Now I want to re-establish the connection and I get the issue: "The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail=CR must be followed by LF". 

Could you give more details on your solution, please? 

Thanks!

Hi @pdacheva,

I have actually used a local web proxy (www.charlesproxy.com) to remove the wrongly formated Incapsula cookies.

Thanks

Hi is there somewhere I can find out how to do this please

Hi,

Is there anywhere I can find out how to do this?

Regards,

Shylo

Hi,

Is there anywhere I can find out how to do this?

Regards,

Shylo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.