Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChristianRHouen
Helper III
Helper III

Merging columns with observation summing last 12 months

Hi

I would like to solve below:

Capture.JPG

Merging the tables is not a problem, but doing it in the power editor will just sum all observations by the unit IDs. I would like it to be dynamic, so I in my output table can see how many observations have been made in the last 12 months (or different period).

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@amitchandak ,

Merging the tables is not a problem, but doing it in the power editor will just sum all observations by the unit IDs. I would like it to be dynamic, so I in my output table can see how many observations have been made in the last 12 months (or different period).

Could you please clarify more details about your requirement?

Regards

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft 

Hi,

I attached a picture of what I want - could you specify your question, please?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

You should create a table having a unique Unit_ID.

Join that with these to the table.  It needs to have a bidirectional relation with the Active_unit table.

I do not see any date. But have date table joined with time.

Post that you should be able to create the required table.

@amitchandak @v-yuta-msft 

The issue here is that we have two dates.

In my dashboard I would like to be able to select a given month (active_date), and see all the IDs for this month in first colum. In the second column I would like to see the number of observations made in the last 12 months.

E.g if we pretend Active_date: 1 = January 2019 and I select this value, I want to see dongle 1,2,3 and 4 in the first column. In the second column I want to see all Observations (observations column) made in (obs_date) month 0 (December 2018) to month -12 (january 2018.)

I hope this makes sense 🙂

Assume Date[Date filter] is the date selected. These are the few calc you can refer to, using dates or month diff.

On the Fly Change % = 
Var _last_year= (max('Date'[Date Filer]))-365
Var   _This_year=year(max('Date'[Date Filer]))
Var _min_last_year= (maxx('Date',STARTOFYEAR(DATEADD('Date'[Date Filer],-12,MONTH))))
Var   _min_This_year=year(max(STARTOFYEAR('Date'[Date Filer])))

Var _last_year= (maxx('Date',ENDOFYEAR(DATEADD('Date'[Date Filer],-12,MONTH))))
Var   _This_year=year(max(ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date Filer])))
Var _min_last_year= (maxx('Date',STARTOFYEAR(DATEADD('Date'[Date Filer],-12,MONTH))))
Var   _min_This_year=year(max(STARTOFYEAR('Date'[Date Filer])))

Var _last_year_val= CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),(Sales[Sales Date])<=_last_year && (Sales[Sales Date]) >=_min_last_year)
Var   _This_year_val =CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),(Sales[Sales Date])<=_This_year && (Sales[Sales Date]) >=_min_This_year)

Sales YTD = 
Var   _start_date=year(max('Date'[Date Filer]))
Var   _end_date=year(min(STARTOFYEAR('Date'[Date Filer])))

Var _last_year_mtd_val= CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),Sales[Sales Date] >= _start_date && (Sales[Sales Date]) <= _end_date, filter(Sales,CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Sales[Sales Date]))>0))
return
_last_year_mtd_val

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.