Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Holmje
Regular Visitor

Create column with first occuring value in existing column

Hi!

I have a issue that i can not resolve and having a hard time finding a matching solution. Im new to dax and powerbi but will give it a try to formulate what the issue is

I have multiple cars and mutiple manufacturers from which the cars picks up goods, each pickup generates data in the form of a row in my dataset. Each car can pickup goods from different manufacturers at different times of the day, these get logged as a pickup from each respective manufacturer but what i want to do is create a manipulated column for all rows containing just the first manufacturer for each car and day.

Screenshot cars.PNG

Would appreciate the help

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Right-click on the measure in visualization property and check Aggregation is Not Summarized 

Hi, thank you for your reply.

It might be that i am to much of a rookie to understand how that is going to solve the problem as i need to use the "manipulated" column to create a new measure of number of deliveries made by each car for every given day but visualized depending on which manufacturer the first pickup was made from

Regards

Just to clarify, the "car" column contains a cars unique identification number

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.