Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

belurrashmi
Frequent Visitor

How to include header in the web data source?

I  am trying to get data from a api source and it requires header  X-Result-Detail=info,properties.

What is the best way to pass this parameter with Basic authentication?

I get error that the above header requires anonymous authentication, if I choose anonymous my api wont authnticate to give results.

Please help

8 REPLIES 8
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@belurrashmi,

You may take a look at The Advanced Editor and take advantage of API key when using Web.Contents.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft thank you for reply.

I saw some posts with the examples and tried, Apikeyname works with anonymous login thats my error message.

I am using basic authentication here for api login then I was to pass custom header.

In the advanced editor section when I provide custom headers I get error "Expression.Error: The 'X-Result-Detail' header is only supported when connecting anonymously. These headers can be used with all authentication types: Accept, Accept-Charset, Accept-Encoding, Accept-Language, Cache-Control, If-Modified-Since, Prefer, Referer"

I changed my way to get the content my request works in the below format,

When I covert it into Power BI query format 

2017-11-06_14-19-05.png

let
body="items.find({""repo"" : ""maven-prereleases-local""},{""@PL000003_RELEASE"" : {""$match"" : ""*17*""}}).include(""repo"",""path"",""name"",""created"",""updated"",""@PL000003_RELEASE"")",
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://artifactory.xyz.com/api/search/aql", Content=Text.ToBinary(body)))

in
Source

I get error as Expression.Error: The name 'Content' wasn't recognized.  Make sure it's spelled correctly.

Why is that?

@belurrashmi,

You need to specify the value as a record.

[Content=Text.ToBinary(body)]
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

After fixing the content value, I am getting error as

DataSource.Error: Web.Contents with the Content option is only supported when connecting anonymously.
Details:
DataSourceKind=Web
DataSourcePath=https://artifactory.xyz.com/api/search/aql

@v-chuncz-msft do you have any thoughts on this issue. 

making anonymous login will fail authentication from the api side

@belurrashmi,

Edit permissions in data source settings and try again.

As I mentioned earlier, after changing the authentication to anonymous login will fail authentication from the api side.

@belurrashmi,

You may also try to create a support ticket.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.