cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmck86 Member

Hierarchies IN Power BI from Excel

Hi All,

I am working with an excel file (Attached).. that I would like to show up in Power Bi with the same drill downs. So in the images below you will notice in Excel we have a hierarchy based on the level of the employee. In this example level 2 is the highest level of hierarchy and she is the immediate manager of 4 employees (in bold) and the indirect manager of the 4 managers in bolds direct reports. so the format below is the exact format I would LOVE to see in Power BI. However, I can not get it to work that way in Power BI. Does anyone have thoughts on how to do this? I have the excel file but wasn't sure how to add it here but can send to anyone who can assist. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-sihou-msft

Re: Hierarchies IN Power BI from Excel

@nmck86

You just need to create a hierarchy, then "expand all down to one level in hierarchy" in matrix. 

22.PNG

33.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Abduvali Established Member
Established Member

Hi @nmck86,

There is similar tread on how to create a hierarchy in power bi, hope it helps:

Regards

Abduvali

Moderator v-sihou-msft

@nmck86

You just need to create a hierarchy, then "expand all down to one level in hierarchy" in matrix. 

22.PNG

33.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors