Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

atult
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hide/Show Visualization according to Slicer Selection

Hello Experts,
We are facing difficulty in a scenario of having multiple bookmarks in a page. 
If we use page navigation + Bookmarks, the no. of pages exceeds 10 for all combinations which is affecting the Dashboard performance.

Hence, we require a slicer where if the selected value is viz1, then only 1st visualization would show up and when viz2 is selected, only visualization 2 is shown.

I tried to create a custom table with 1 column: viz1 and viz2 as values. In the visualizations, I have put filter column=viz1 filter for visualization 1 but both vizes are getting shown.

Current Scenario:

Capture1.PNG      Capture2.PNG

Expected Result:
Capture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @atult ,
You can't show/hide visualation with slicer dax such that you will be able to hover over visualization at back.
You can make the visualation transparent but can't completely remove/hide it like bookmarks.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @atult ,
You can't show/hide visualation with slicer dax such that you will be able to hover over visualization at back.
You can make the visualation transparent but can't completely remove/hide it like bookmarks.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

marcelsmaglhaes
Super User
Super User

Hey @atult ,

You can use a card visualization over the tables and control the visibility with a measure, configuring the background color. 

For example, you can create a measure like below, and put that in Effects -> Background using Fx.

If there some dificulty to do that, you can read this article: Show or Hide a Power BI Visual Based on Selection - Excelerator BI

** If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards, 
Marcel
Measure

hide_card_viz1 =
IF(
selectedvalue[viz] = "Viz1",
"#FFFFFF00", -- color that make card visible
"#FAFAFA" -- color that covers the card
)

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães
Microsoft Power BI Official Partner
MCT | Certified PL-300 Power BI

If I've helped, don't forget to mark my post as a solution!
Imagem de fundo

Hi @marcelsmaglhaes ,
Thanks for the reply.

I actually have 2 visualizations overlayed over each other. Hence, can't use this dax since even with transparent background, my visualization at back won't be hoverable or clickabe.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi @amitchandak ,
I do know how to use bookmarks. The issue is that we have 3 bookmark scenarios in the same page. Hence the no. of combinations is exceeding 10. This is affecting performance and hence looking for an alternative.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.