Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

atult
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hide/Show Visualization according to Slicer Selection

Hello Experts,
We are facing difficulty in a scenario of having multiple bookmarks in a page. 
If we use page navigation + Bookmarks, the no. of pages exceeds 10 for all combinations which is affecting the Dashboard performance.

Hence, we require a slicer where if the selected value is viz1, then only 1st visualization would show up and when viz2 is selected, only visualization 2 is shown.

I tried to create a custom table with 1 column: viz1 and viz2 as values. In the visualizations, I have put filter column=viz1 filter for visualization 1 but both vizes are getting shown.

Current Scenario:

Capture1.PNG      Capture2.PNG

Expected Result:
Capture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @atult ,
You can't show/hide visualation with slicer dax such that you will be able to hover over visualization at back.
You can make the visualation transparent but can't completely remove/hide it like bookmarks.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @atult ,
You can't show/hide visualation with slicer dax such that you will be able to hover over visualization at back.
You can make the visualation transparent but can't completely remove/hide it like bookmarks.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

marcelsmaglhaes
Super User
Super User

Hey @atult ,

You can use a card visualization over the tables and control the visibility with a measure, configuring the background color. 

For example, you can create a measure like below, and put that in Effects -> Background using Fx.

If there some dificulty to do that, you can read this article: Show or Hide a Power BI Visual Based on Selection - Excelerator BI

** If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards, 
Marcel
Measure

hide_card_viz1 =
IF(
selectedvalue[viz] = "Viz1",
"#FFFFFF00", -- color that make card visible
"#FAFAFA" -- color that covers the card
)

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães
Microsoft Power BI Official Partner
MCT | Certified PL-300 Power BI

If I've helped, don't forget to give Kudos and mark my post as a solution!
Imagem de fundo

Hi @marcelsmaglhaes ,
Thanks for the reply.

I actually have 2 visualizations overlayed over each other. Hence, can't use this dax since even with transparent background, my visualization at back won't be hoverable or clickabe.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi @amitchandak ,
I do know how to use bookmarks. The issue is that we have 3 bookmark scenarios in the same page. Hence the no. of combinations is exceeding 10. This is affecting performance and hence looking for an alternative.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.