Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mila22
Frequent Visitor

EDGE doesn´t display the map in the IconMap visual

Hi

I need some advice. Have a finished project in PowerBI using the Icon Map visual. The project works fine on my PC. But if I upload it to the server, open it from the server, it works fine in all browsers (Mozilla, Chrome,...) except EDGE. If my colleagues open the project from the server on their computers, then the project works fine in all browsers, including EDGE.

So the problem is in the EDGE browser settings on my PC. In EDGE the whole visuals displays correctly on my PC, the Measures work fine too. Only the Icon map visual displayed only gray field. I have tried to reconfigure EDGE in various ways, but without success. So I want to ask you if anyone has solved a similar problem and how to solve it?

I will add that my team have the same version of Win, PowerBI and EDGE and all updates installed. So the problem is only somewhere in the browser settings on my PC.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mila22
Frequent Visitor

So if it helps anyone, the problem was blocking third party cookies in the EDGE browser.

Thanks for your help!
M.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mila22 ,

Here are some steps that you can try to resolve the issue:

1.Check if you can access and use Bing Maps in Internet Explorer (IE).

2.Check if the firewall is blocking the Bing address.

3.Clear Browser Cache and Cookies.

4.Check for Edge Updates.

5.Try Using InPrivate Mode.

6.Click "Options" -> "Data Loading", clear the cache and reopen Power BI, then check to see if the problem still exists.

vtangjiemsft_0-1704334978402.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi,

thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately, things haven't improved.

I found that Bing maps work normally in almost all my projects, but they don't work in projects where the Icon Map add-on (visual) is used. So the problem might be here. I will to write to IconMap support.

M.

Mila22
Frequent Visitor

So if it helps anyone, the problem was blocking third party cookies in the EDGE browser.

Thanks for your help!
M.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.