Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rohittunga
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Donut Charts

I have a slicer which contains Divisions like

• (Select All)
  • Automotive
  • Aviation
  • Transportation

When the User Clicks Select All, I need a donut chart for each division. Therefore I need 3 Donut charts in this case, each chart showing Total Cost for Projects, Ideas and Gap.

However, when the User clicks Automotive, I need donut chart for each Department under Automotive like Final Assembly, Press Shop for the same measures (Total Cost for Projects, Ideas and Gap). Same holds true for other Divisions (Aviation and Transportation).

I am able to create charts at Division Level, but not able to display department specific charts inthe same dashboard. Any pointers on how to proceed ?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can use drill down feature of the PowerBI to create your chart and use atttribute slicer visual ( can be downloaded from POWERBI Visuals Site) to set your slicers at Hierarchy level.

or 

You create hierarchy in your model and use hierarchy to create donut chart.

Hope this would solve your problem. 

if you can provide a snapshot of dataset, I am happy to provide you exact solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Here is the screenshot of the dataset.

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 7.06.37 PM.png

The first report should look like this (that is when user chooses "Select All", each division appears as a separate donut chart.

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 7.11.08 PM.png

If the User chooses a particular Division, say Automotive, then departments under Automotive should appear as Donut Charts like the one below.

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 7.13.25 PM.png

Likewise if user chooses Aviation then 2 donut - One for A380 and other for B777. And if User chooses Transportation, then 3 donut chart - One each for Railroad, Ship and Air. I'm able to recreate these in separate pages, but unable to create them as a single visual that dynamically changes based on Slicer input

Create a Hierarchy based on Division, Department, Productline and Transport ChannelCreate a Hierarchy based on Division, Department, Productline and Transport ChannelUse same hierarchy for the hierarchy slicer  as wellUse same hierarchy for the hierarchy slicer as well

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Step 1Step 1Step 2Step 2Step 3Step 3Step 4Step 4

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.