cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidMoss Member

Data Model Entity Relationship documentation

Does anyone know of a way of extracting the Realtionship view from PBI desktop into an Entity Relationship diagram client. ?

I am talking about th eview as seen at the top of this blog posting of @David Iseminger https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-relationship-view/

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Data Model Entity Relationship documentation

Haven't worked with a client like that before, but if it would take in a table with the relationships, the new TMSCHEMA_RELATIONSHIPS DMV would do the job: https://datasavvy.me/2016/10/04/documenting-your-tabular-or-power-bi-model/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

v-haibl-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@DavidMoss

What is the Entity Relationship diagram client you mentioned above? It seems that PBI doesn’t have such a function which can export the relationship view to other software. You can take a look at the document provided by ImkeF to see if it meets your requirement. And please vote this similar idea if it is the same idea as you.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Highlighted
DavidMoss Member

Hi @v-haibl-msft and thanks to @ImkeF for your continuous contribution to this community blog with fantastic links to great blog postinfs.

Yes @ImkeF documentation is cool but i was more after exporting to the likes of Visio or even Lucidcharts.

Meanwhile i added a vote to your 'idea' and manually created the Entity relationship :-(

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 151 members 1,956 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: