Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavidMoss
Advocate V
Advocate V

Data Model Entity Relationship documentation

Does anyone know of a way of extracting the Realtionship view from PBI desktop into an Entity Relationship diagram client. ?

I am talking about th eview as seen at the top of this blog posting of @David Iseminger https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-relationship-view/

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@DavidMoss

What is the Entity Relationship diagram client you mentioned above? It seems that PBI doesn’t have such a function which can export the relationship view to other software. You can take a look at the document provided by ImkeF to see if it meets your requirement. And please vote this similar idea if it is the same idea as you.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi @v-haibl-msft and thanks to @ImkeF for your continuous contribution to this community blog with fantastic links to great blog postinfs.

Yes @ImkeF documentation is cool but i was more after exporting to the likes of Visio or even Lucidcharts.

Meanwhile i added a vote to your 'idea' and manually created the Entity relationship 😞

ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Haven't worked with a client like that before, but if it would take in a table with the relationships, the new TMSCHEMA_RELATIONSHIPS DMV would do the job: https://datasavvy.me/2016/10/04/documenting-your-tabular-or-power-bi-model/

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.