Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vilenm
Helper II
Helper II

html viewer not working or rendering sharepoint site

Hi

We have a requirement to embed excel chart on power bi, so I copied the embed code and applied iframe in dax measure and

used the HTML content viewer but it shows up blank and before it said cannot connect power bi service. We currently have pro licenses and not sure if its admin policy restriction as I confirmed with sharepoint that iframes is enabled for publishing web. Any other idea?

<iframe width="700" height="782" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://xxx.sharepoint.com/teams/DataGurus/_layouts/15/Doc.aspx?sourcedoc={sourcecode}&
action=embedview&Item=Chart%201&wdDownloadButton=True&wdInConfigurator=True"></iframe>

2 REPLIES 2
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vilenm 

Did you get the embedded code by Publish to web in Power BI Service? Firstly, you need make sure your Power BI administrator has enabled ‘Publish to web’ by checking it in Tenant settings of the Admin portal with your organization's Power BI administrator. Then, some kinds of reports aren't currently supported or available with Publish to web which you can refer the Limitations of Publish to web from Power BI. If it doesn't work, please provide some screenshots without involving sensitive information show me how you get the iframe and how you applied it.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Caiyun

Thanks for your feedback, I will check this and revert. However the report has a live connection to tabular on prem. So i was hoping it could still work if i used html content viewer to render a site from sharepoint containing chart in the excel workbook.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors