Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Workspace deleted but datasets still in 'Refresh summary' of 'Admin portal'

Hi there,

I have deleted a workspace, its datasets disappeared from the list of 'Published datasets' as expected.

However I can still see all of them in a 'Refresh summary' of 'Admin portal' and they appear as active. If I delete an individual dataset, the 'Refresh summary' is updated straight away.

Is there a delay or datasets of a deleted workspace are going to stay there forever (and to get rid of them, I have to delete workspace content before deleting it)?

Thank you,

Iva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Anonymous 

I am not sure if it is by design.

In addition, if the workspace has been deleted for 90 days, the workspace status will change to "Removing" and you will not see the data set in the "Refresh Summary" of 'Admin portal' as well.

31.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

You can restore deleted workspaces, but you cannot restore individual deleted data sets.

I guess your problem may have something to do with the fact that you haven't  permanently deleted the workspace.

You can refer to this related post.

Restore-deleted-items-in-Power-BI 

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for a reference to the other post, it is nicely summarized!

I have just one option to delete a given workspace: Workspace - Settings - Delete workspace. If I then go to the Admin portal, I can see, the workspace was properly deleted (State=Deleted).

Do I understand correctly, that if I want to get rid of the datasets from the 'Refresh summary', I have to delete them first & only after delete the workspace (& so lose an option to restore the content ~ datasets)?

If it is like that, it is okie, I will take it into account while working with it, just wanted to confirm this is an expected behavior & I am approaching it in the right way.

Thank you,

Iva

Hi, @Anonymous 

I am not sure if it is by design.

In addition, if the workspace has been deleted for 90 days, the workspace status will change to "Removing" and you will not see the data set in the "Refresh Summary" of 'Admin portal' as well.

31.png

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, okie, I will wait 90 days then & test what happens. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a note: It has already been more than 90 days and the reports/dashboards/datasets in a deleted workspace are still available. To get rid of them in a 'Refresh summary' of 'Admin portal', I am going to restore the workspace, delete the content individually and delete the workspace again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors