Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nickspizza
Helper I
Helper I

combine files in sharepoint folder in DataFlow

Hi, I'm trying to combine files in a sharepoint folder in DataFlow. I tried doing it in Desktop and copying it over to DataFlow, but as soon as I copied it over then it gives me this error:

Expression.Error: The import Transform File matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?

Here is the code:

Documents = Source{[Name = "Documents"]}[Content],
  Measures1 = Documents{[Name = "Measures"]}[Content],
  #"Filtered Hidden Files1" = Table.SelectRows(Measures1, each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
  #"Invoke Custom Function1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Hidden Files1", "Transform File"each #"Transform File"([Content])),
  #"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Invoke Custom Function1", {"Name""Source.Name"}),
  #"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Renamed Columns1", {"Source.Name""Transform File"}),
  #"Expanded Table Column1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns1", "Transform File", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transform File"(#"Sample File")))

I also tried to connect to a SharePoint folder from DataFlow but I get stuck at the folder path as the only folder path that seems to be acceptable to DataFlow provides all the files in all the folders and not just the files in this specific folder.
1 REPLY 1
dbartel
Frequent Visitor

Did you copy the query by opening the Advanced Editor and then creating a new query in the dataflow with just this query source or did you copy the query it's self and pasting it and all of its dependant queries into the dataflow?  I suspect from your error message that the transform queries are not in your dataflow and that is why it is failing.

The easiest way to copy a query from desktop to a dataflow is to select the queries that you want to copy in the desktop andperform a copy.  This will grab the target queries and all of the other queries that they depend on.  Then open a dataflow editor and do a CTRL V in the queries pane.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors