Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

zeebodaclown
Regular Visitor

Workbook Refresh - Dataflow Error - InvalidConnectionCredentials

Hey Team!

Have an odd case that I've been bouncing around for a week now, trying to find a solution that makes sense.

Here's the breakdown:

1. Have a dataflow with an ODBC source to a Postgre table (InteractionForWorkbooks)

2. Have 4 workbooks that use this dataflow (in combination with other dataflows) to generate separate data models

3. All datasources and dataflows in my service environment are run through a Gateway. There are no .csv/.xls/.json etc sources

4. One of these workbooks is returning an "Invalid Connection Credentials" error when attempting to run scheduled and on-demand refreshes

5. The other 3 workbooks have never error'd, even though they use the same source

6. The error is random. It will come in spurts that last for days without a successful refresh or occasionally, like this morning, run without issue

refresh screenshot 2.png

I know this specific table/source is the "problem" because it references it the error itself.

refresh screenshot 3.png

The refresh on the workbook is controlled via Power Automate.  I'm refreshing the dataflow that contains the "problem" table first and then upon completion, triggering the worbook refresh.  But the error also pops on on-demand triggers.

refresh screenshot.png

What doesn't make sense, is I know there's nothing "invalid" about the credentials.  When I inspect the dataflow itself, there's no indication that the data can't be queried:

dataflow.png

AND...the dataflow itself NEVER fails to refresh:

refresh screenshot 4.png

Anyone have any ideas about how else to approach this?  Am I missing something obvious?

Appreciate the insight!

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @zeebodaclown 

If the error is intermittent, consider whether poor network health or insufficient computer resources are to blame. It is recommended to refresh the workbook separately when the computer is idle and network communication is good.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors