Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

faroukwahsh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Visual Borders Automatically Show on Hover in Power BI Service

The visual borders that show on hover in Power BI Desktop used to not show on hover once the report is published to the service. This is not the case anymore, hovering over any visual in Power BI Service will show the thin grey border around it. Has there been a change recently that allows users to toggle this on and off? Anyone know how to hide the automatic visual borders again? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ersommer
Employee
Employee

The borders when in view mode are a known issue and the fix should start rolling out on Monday.  If you still see the issue late next week, please let us know!

Update (Sep 20th): Fix was deployed to some regions last night.  The remaining regions should be deployed by EOD today (Sep 20th).

Update (Nov 11th): We're aware of a similar issue where borders some focus borders are are unexpectedly appearing on visuals.  The fix is currently being tested and will be rolled out soon.  No ETA is available yet, but I'll provide an update as soon as I get one.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61

This issue just started today for me, which is even worst to understand!!! Please Fix!!!! moving meetings all over!

Still having the issue 9:50 Central

Fixed! Thank you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still having the issue personally.

The fix is probably still being rolled out by region.

Could you please provide the exact ETA for this issue.

The problem still persist

Good Morning.
The problem still persists.

The fix should start rolling out on Monday - Is it rolled out ?? still I could see the issue in 
Microsoft EdgeVersion 105.0.1343.42 (Official build) (64-bit).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is still present. When will this be fixed?

Is there an ETA for this problem to get fixed? It is very annoying. We have some demos lined up and with this we cant go for the demo

Really hope this is fixed, we were filming a video of our report embedded into www.picksshop.com/pair-down and now had to postpone the video due to this.... not happy.

This website looks awesome! I assume you used the publish to web (public) option? How did you hide the Power BI iframe in the website?

Thank you! Will keep an eye on it. 

Teedger
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue in both Chrome and Edge as of today, 09/15/22. A border shows up on anything I hover over (icon, text box, visual, page navigator, etc.). Did their September release that just came out somehow create this issue?? Hope it is resolved soon!

tonyfaraz7
Regular Visitor

Same thing is happening with my dashboards as of today.... and I am using Edge as well...

edhans
Super User
Super User

Not seeing this. I am using Edge and have no addins that would impact this. What browser are you using? Try Edge and see if that fixes it. It would be an anomaly with a different browser. This is from a report I just published using the Sept 2022 desktop.

NoBorders.gif

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Thanks for your reply. I am using Edge and the report below was published using the Sept 2022 Power BI Desktop.

VisualBordersTest.gif

Interesting. I am checking on this. I am hoping there is some easy to fix setting I am just not remembering. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors